- Arthritis is the leading cause of disabilities in America
- More than 50 million adults have arthritis
- More than 300,000 children have arthritis
Managing Your Arthritis:
- Balancing activity with rest
- Hot and cold therapies
- Regular physical activity
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Strengthening muscles around the inflamed joint(s)
- Avoiding excessive repetitive motions
Arthritis is a disease that can greatly affect your ability to preform common tasks in your everyday life. It is important to know which joints are most commonly affected by arthritis to help you recognize symptoms earlier.
- Joints most commonly affected by Rheumatoid arthritis include hands, wrists, feet, knees, and ankles.
- Joints most commonly affected by Osteoarthritis include hands, lower back, neck, knees, hips, and feet.
Be aware of the symptoms of arthritis and start managing them as soon as possible!