Current state of Readiness: Contemplation
Individuals openly state their intent to change within the next 6 months and are more aware of the benefits of changing, but remain aware of the costs.
Our Goal: To encourage and motivate you to make specific plans.
Featured Videos & Articles
The Benefits of Improving Your Physical Fitness
- Regular physical activity is one of the most important things you can do for your health.
- Being physically active can:
- Improve your brain health
- Help manage weight
- Reduce the risk of disease
- Strengthen bones and muscles
- Improve your ability to do everyday activities.
- Adults who sit less and do any amount of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity gain some health benefits.
- Everyone can experience the health benefits of physical activity – age, abilities, ethnicity, shape, or size do not matter.
Health Benefits of Physical Activity According to the CDC
A single bout of moderate-to vigorous physical activity provides immediate benefits for your health.
- Sleep: Improves sleep quality
- Less Anxiety: Reduces feelings of anxiety
- Blood Pressure: Reduces blood pressure
Regular physical activity provides important health benefits for chronic disease prevention.
- Brain Health: Reduces risks of developing dementia (including Alzheimer’s disease) and reduces risk of depression
- Heart Health: Lowers risk of heart disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes
- Cancer Prevention: Lowers risk of eight cancers: bladder, breast, colon, endometrium, esophagus, kidney, lung, and stomach
- Healthy Weight: Reduces risk of weight gain
- Bone Strength: Improves bone health
- Balance and Coordination: Reduces risks of falls