Cooking with Heidi
Join Heidi and learn to cook something new each week. The recipe for this week can be found below. Please RSVP through our website at www.WeThriveTogether.org, by email at alyssa@WeThriveTogether.org, or by phone at Toll Free: 1-866-584-5640.
Apple Bundt Cake:
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- ▢¾ cup granulated sugar
- ▢1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ▢4 cups all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- ▢2 cups granulated sugar
- ▢4 teaspoon baking powder
- ▢1 teaspoon salt
- ▢1 cup whole milk at room temperature
- ▢1 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- ▢4 large eggs at room temperature
- ▢1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ▢4-5 apples peeled & thinly sliced
- ▢powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat to 350° F. Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan. Set aside.
- Mix together the granulated sugar & cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the milk, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Beat well until fully mixed.
- Layer the bottom of the bundt pan with a layer batter, about 1½ cups of batter. Then add a layer of sliced apples. Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar mixture over top the apples. Repeat 2 more times, and then end with another layer of batter on top. You should have 4 layers of batter, and 3 layers of apples.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Run a knife carefully around the edges, and invert onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar or glaze & serve.