Cooking with Heidi
Join us for Cooking with Heidi and learn to cook a new meal every week. You can find the recipe for this week down below! Please RSVP through our website at www.WeThriveTogether.org, by email at alyssa@WeThriveTogether.org, or by phone at Toll Free: 1-866-584-5640.
Apple Spice Waffles:
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- Optional: Whipped cream and maple syrup
- Preheat waffle maker. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix, cinnamon and nutmeg. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened; stir in apple.
- Bake waffles according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. If desired, serve with whipped cream, syrup and additional chopped apples.